Saturday, December 29, 2012

But it Seems Crazy

Thursday

But it Seems Crazy

Before every man there lies a wide and pleasant road that seems right but ends in death.
Proverbs 14:12

We all have our reasons for doing things a certain way, our past creates a mold from which we base most of our decisions.  We get  in to “auto mode” and cruise through life doing what feels the most logical and comfortable. 

Sometimes though, through a loved one, or a still small voice, or scripture, or movie or a book….the Holy Spirit says “STOP!”  It is trying to get our attention to do the opposite.  Even though it seems crazy to do the opposite, sometimes that is exactly what we are supposed to do.

Have you ever heard the saying, “You can’t keep doing the same thing and expect to get different results!”   This is what is crazy about doing the opposite:  Even though it feels wrong to go against our comfortable path, we can often achieve the desired results, that we’ve been searching for all along, by doing the opposite. 

So many times, SO MANY TIMES, I’ve done the exact opposite of what feels right, because of all of the signs I’ve been given by the Holy Spirit.  Guess what,  after listening and then acting, the “thing” I had been trying to achieve for YEARS is  instantly there!  I’ve finally solved the puzzle.

Just like in the case of Wednesday’s example, even thought I felt I should keep doing the same thing (sticking with the same company), I was getting all the signals that I should do the opposite of what felt right.  Had I done that, I am sure I wouldn’t have had to have the symbolic knock over the head from God.

Dear Lord, please, help me to recognize your voice and act upon it accordingly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment