Saturday, December 29, 2012

Stalemate

Tuesday

Stalemate

Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit.
 Romans 8:5


I felt the Holy Spirit convicting me in this area a few weeks ago.  I realized I was relying on these mediums more than I should.  When I’m doing everything right, I wake up and read my bible.  When I’m doing things wrong, I get up and go check my e-mail.  See what I mean?  There’s more to it than that, but basically, I was replacing  my time with God with some type of communication that wasn’t with God. 

I felt the Holy Spirit talking to me about this, in my thoughts and self talk.  But I ignored it.  And kept ignoring it. 

I woke up one morning and guess what?  My e-mail account with AOL was NOT WORKING~!  I think I quit breathing for a minute or two.  It’s had hiccups before, but not like this.  Then just a few shorts hours later ~~~~ our phone and internet went out!  It was completely un-related to the AOL issue.  I was darn near hyperventilating before it was all over!  Both of these system-down situations lasted about 48 eight hours, just long enough for me to acknowledge to God that He had my attention.  The stalemate was over, He won, I got the message.

This is a very minor example of what can happen with you don’t listen to the Holy Spirit promptings, but it illustrates what God can do and how He can get your attention.

Lord, when I know You are talking to me through the Holy Spirit, please give me the strength to listen and follow where you are leading me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment