Saturday, December 29, 2012

Knock Me Over the Head

Wednesday

Knock Me Over the Head

When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future. 
John 16:13

Last year, I became a telecom broker.  During the set up of the brokering company, I formed a relationship with an organization I was associated with many years ago.  As I started working with them, I began to get little gut feelings (Holy Spirit talking) that maybe the relationship with this company wasn’t everything it should be, little things just didn’t seem right.

When I wouldn’t listen to the Holy Spirit, He (God) had to enlist my husband.  My husband kept saying over and over, “He will hurt you financially, like he did last time.” The Holy Spirit was speaking through my husband, telling me the future.   Then when I wouldn’t listen to hubby, He (God) had to enlist my best friends.  And I STILL DIDN’T LISTEN!   All of them said the same thing, “Quit thinking with your heart, this is business and you need to make a good sound business decision!” 

Since I wouldn’t listen to any of these promptings, I got (symbolically) knocked in the head in the form of a verbal beating from the tyrannical leader in this organization.  Then I received a double punch of him keeping a large amount of money he owed me.  Guess what?  I listened this time.  Finally.  But why did it have to get to that? 

God can and will get your attention, but do you really want Him to have to rock your world to do so?   Instead, listen to the Holy Spirit.


Lord, I want to listen to the Holy Spirit, I want follow the signals.  Please, help me to hear and act when the Holy Spirit is trying to get my attention.


No comments:

Post a Comment